Trust Officer | Wyoming
Loren is responsible for the day-to-day management of our Laramie trust office and is dedicated to addressing client and beneficiary needs and concerns. Loren brings 19 years of experience in the field of estate planning to the First Western team. Most recently, Loren managed First National Bank of Wyoming’s trust office in Laramie, where he was vice president and the bank’s general counsel.
Getting to Know Loren
What do you like most about your job?
I most like the opportunities I am given to truly help people on a personal level. The expertise, collegiality, and team-work ethic within First Western provides an incredible resource for effective problem solving of issues for our clients. I also like the appreciation that is expressed during and after our collaborative efforts for my inputs.
What person, living or deceased, would you most like to meet?
Theodore Roosevelt. In my opinion, the actions he took as President of the United States of America are among the most enduring positive actions in our history. I would like to understand the values that he had that led to him to such decisions.
What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Going to bed each night with a solid sense of positive accomplishment.
- Juris Doctorate from the University of Wyoming College of Law
- Bachelor of Science in Range Management from the University of Wyoming
- Designation of Advanced Wealth-Strategist Planner from the Esperti-Peterson Institute for Global Wealth Strategies Planning
- Rotary International, Laramie (Rotary Reads committee)
- Community Services Block Grant Board
- Advisor, Guthrie Family Foundation
- Past-President, Wyoming Territorial Prison Park Foundation
- Comment Editor: Land and Water Law Review 1992
- Contributing author: "Strictly Business, Planning Strategies for Privately Owned Business." Quantum Press 2002
- 2003 – 2004 Wyoming Territorial Park Foundation President (transitioned Foundation into WTP Historical Association)
- Cannon Financial Trust I certification 2010
- Co-owner of StarBright Teacher Supply, a retail and on-line store that provided educational material and resources to educators and the public