Risk Management Consultant
Don leads our team of risk management consultants who design creative insurance solutions for our clients’ unique needs.
Don joined First Western Trust in 2005, through the merger of Sterling Partners, the wealth management firm he founded in 1986. At Sterling Partners, he was primarily responsible for helping clients who required advice on wealth transfer planning and business continuity planning.
Risk Management Advisory Services
Don provides strategic direction and is committed to supporting all of our First Western Trust offices in partnership with our team of risk management advisors who deliver insurance services to all First Western Trust clients. As a risk management expert, Don uses his knowledge and understanding of insurance to craft unique solutions for our clients’ needs. Specifically, he focuses on incorporating insurance services to support our clients’ larger goals, including business succession planning, wealth transfer planning, and retirement planning.
Don brings more than thirty years of experience in financial services to his role as a risk management consultant, and he has assembled a strong team of risk management experts who work together with our wealth advisors to create customized financial solutions.
Don’s team is available to support our clients throughout every step of the insurance planning process. Sitting down with our clients one-on-one, Don and his team of risk management consultants take the time to understand their current financial situation and ultimate goals for each dimension of their wealth. Our risk management experts then build a conceptual insurance policy to draft the ideal insurance plan. Afterwards, our team begins the underwriting process.
Acting on your behalf, our risk management consultants provide access to the most advanced products from insurance carriers across the country and match products to your needs. Once a policy has been selected, Don and his team deliver ongoing due diligence and performance monitoring to ensure that the policy delivers the benefits it promised and that the insurance solution continues to meet your needs. By providing strong risk management expertise, a smooth underwriting process, and ongoing support, Don and his risk management advisors deliver an unparalleled client experience.
Learn more about our risk management experts and services here.
Getting to Know Don
What person, living or deceased, would you like most to meet?
I would most like to meet Elon Musk.
What is your most treasured possession?
My road bike is my most treasured possession.
What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Perfect turn on a snowboard on a fresh powder day.
- Bachelor of Science in Economics from University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School
- Chartered Life Underwriter – The American College
- Featured in Investors’ Business Daily discussing the impact on interest rates on insurance
- Both he and his wife were honored as Grand Marshalls of the Beaux Arts Ball – National Jewish Health
- Both he and his wife were honored as Business People of the Year – Jewish Family Service at Colorado
- Denver Scholarship Foundation, Board of Directors
- National Jewish Health, Vice-Chair of the Board
- Allied Jewish Foundation, Past Campaign Chair and Treasurer
- Jewish Family Service at Colorado, Past Board Member
- Colorado Ballet, Past Board of Directors Member
- Rose Hospital Professional Advisory Committee, Past Co-Chairman
- Graland Country Day Planning Giving Committee, Past Co-Chairman